Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Our Easter Weekend

Our Easter Weekend

I can’t believe we just had our second Easter with our little sweet B! Last Easter, B was only a week old. We celebrated at Geoffrey’s parent’s house Saturday evening. My family joined us as well. Geoffrey and I worried we wouldn’t make it with the hailstorm that day, but we did. It was a wonderful evening with our families. B was given her first Easter bunny by her Lolli and Pops (Geoff’s parents)... 
Look how tiny she was!

Here Uncle Landon held B for the first time…
Lolli and Pops with their first grand-baby…
Can you tell they are proud?

Aunt Emily with B...
 My sisters and my mom...
All B's Aunts...
It's so crazy to think this was a year ago. So many things have changed and B has grown up way too fast!

This year, the tradition carried on. First with the weather; although there wasn't any hail, our area was under a severe thunderstorm warning and it rained like cats and dogs. But we managed to get to Geoff’s parent’s house before the storm hit. My family joined us again as well. 

This year we added an Easter egg hunt for B! She didn’t quite understand it all, but when I led her to an egg she picked it up and put it in the basket. I thought that was a start! 
I wanted to make the egg hunt fun and special for B, so I stuffed some of the eggs with play necklaces and bracelets. Then the others had her favorite snacks: cheerios and Gerber veggie puffs! She LOVED it!!!
B was given another Easter bunny by her Lolli and Pops...
And her Easter basket from mommy and daddy had spring pj's, bath crayons, a rubber ducky, a yellow bunny and loving words from both of us.
Gigi and Papa (my parents) gave B two books and Aunt Juju (Julianne) gave her a little bunny beanie baby...
After gifts and the hunt, we ate a yummy dinner, then dyed Easter eggs!
It’s always good to get together with family…
Easter Sunday was wonderful too! Geoff and I went to first service and B went to the nursery. This week’s sermon was so good. Three amazing testimonies of God’s grace and the message David preached was such a good word. If you missed it, check it out here (just click on the icon for video or audio).

Our little family of 3 on Easter Sunday...
After the last service, I dropped B off to spend the night with Lolli and Pops because Geoff and I were headed to a Ranger’s Game!!!

We went with some good friends and had a great time! And to make it better, the Ranger’s won and had a great game!!!
{Above} Me and the girls at the Ranger's  game!

Hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter weekend as well!







No comments:

Post a Comment