Saturday, September 11, 2010

Well a lot has changed in the last couple of months. The Summer Club is over and it was awesome! The school year began and is going quite well. But the biggest change of all is that Geoff and I are expecting our first baby! We are so excited...and my have things already changed. I am only 9 weeks along and already so much of our life is different.

I have been joking around with Geoff telling him he is married to the most boring wife because I go to bed so early now. I even take naps during the day. It is quite pitiful. But everyone keeps telling me that I should stock up on the sleep because once the baby comes, there will be MUCH less sleep. Which, as I've thought about it a little more, it's kind of funny. They say the first trimester is the hardest on your body because of how hard your body is working to create a home for the little critter who will reside in you for the next 8-9 months. So, it's like running a marathon uphill everyday (that's what they say) and that's why you get so tired; your body is working overtime. So that's what happens when the news of "We're having a baby" is still fresh. Then your second trimester goes a long and they say you will have sooo much energy, which I am looking forward to. Finally, your third trimester. No one is really given much advice about the third trimester yet, maybe I'm just not far along enough, but maybe there is a reason...? Who knows. But then, the baby comes. And all the energy the baby demanded from you that first trimester is like multiplied by 1,000. And yes I know it will get better as Geoff and I adjust and the baby gets into a routine. But I just find it funny that the "We're having a baby" phase and the "We had a baby" phase are similar yet different.

No comments:

Post a Comment